• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Komisiripala

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Jaliya48" data-cid="231720" data-time="1359598070"><p>

Nicely done! Love that Carina as well.</p></blockquote>

Indika has two of these carinas. Sadly diesel converts but he maintains them well. He also has the car I learnt to drive in. A 1993 dr sunny that was rented to my dad. Underwent a full engine swap and restoration recently. Looking like a peach.

Fondest memory of that car was the night before I left the country in 2002 when I pulled a handbrake 180 to perfection on marine drive. Can't believe I did that!

That particular Carina is a RWD model and Toyota had a special GT1600 version with the 4AGE.

Was your Doctor Sunny drivable after the 180?

I always wanted those aem stuff, just for engine bay dressing lol, but then i just don't want to spend for them. Yup that's true, i have read that for n/a you don't need injector upgrades in our engines unless you are doing a serious hi-comp build. And yes, aftermarket regulators are also not needed. Pump, why not a Walbro 190lph, but then that's also not necessary.

Not gonna race? No drags? :D

I always wanted those aem stuff, just for engine bay dressing lol, but then i just don't want to spend for them. Yup that's true, i have read that for n/a you don't need injector upgrades in our engines unless you are doing a serious hi-comp build. And yes, aftermarket regulators are also not needed. Pump, why not a Walbro 190lph, but then that's also not necessary.

Not gonna race? No drags? :D

unlikely machan. i have a lot of respect for zackie and shehantha and i don't wanna be that guy who comes and tries to change the status quo. i'm doing this more for myself. as i said its helping me get through a difficult time.

i'm more of the guy who you'll see with a cloth, polishing the little bits here and there til she's gleaming in all perfection!

true power, after all, is not the ability. its the choice. ;)

i'll probably meet you when you're in colombo mate. need a little education on ECU's. its trying to talk to people and get an unbiased opinion without having to listen to "buy this from me" "buy that from me" etc etc. if you don't mind, that is.

• Like 2

That particular Carina is a RWD model and Toyota had a special GT1600 version with the 4AGE.

Was your Doctor Sunny drivable after the 180?

hit 80 kmph down the access road to marine drive past chinese dragon. did a flick and pulled the ebrake. perfect 180. facing the road again. car was fine. indika beleives in having very tight e-brakes so it was perfect. a moment i'll put right up there with the time i drifted my mom's old KE 72. life changing moments, those.

unlikely machan. i have a lot of respect for zackie and shehantha and i don't wanna be that guy who comes and tries to change the status quo. i'm doing this more for myself. as i said its helping me get through a difficult time.

i'm more of the guy who you'll see with a cloth, polishing the little bits here and there til she's gleaming in all perfection!

true power, after all, is not the ability. its the choice. ;)

i'll probably meet you when you're in colombo mate. need a little education on ECU's. its trying to talk to people and get an unbiased opinion without having to listen to "buy this from me" "buy that from me" etc etc. if you don't mind, that is.

Dude you're building a race car, once you've finished you can run it just to see it's potential, maybe in march ;)

Ahh no worries, can share whatever i know :)

Connection speed is limiting me, peoples! Lots of stuff to update. Sadly dialog had me by the figs!

New turn signals are here. Fuel rail, spark plug wires, fuel pressure gauge etc etc...

There's an apexi ws2 thrown on there as well hee hee! *-giggles-*

The front seats arrived yesterday. And yes, I've been sitting in them pretending all day! They're awesome!!

Also, a friend from college offered to powder coat and bake my rims free of charge at his factory. Bless him!

Got one can of VHT wrinkle red from Chang. Valve cover sorted. One more and can sort out calipers also! Yay!

Final coat starting Monday. As is the engine rebuild

Sorry folks will post photos as soon as possible!

finally, access to a faster connection!

here's the goods that came down end of january:

amber turn signals. as i said, no smoke signals this time round...

photo12dx.jpg

some bling for the engine bay: a godspeed high flow fuel rail, capable of handling 1000cc injectors, and a build upto 1000HP. now that i would, of course. and it wouldn't be complete without a fuel pressure gauge!

photo22vr.jpg

also, for the sake of perfection, those black seatbelts. from a 4 door 1998 GSR.

photo2al.jpg

also shipped in a 3000K yellow light HID for the heads. 55watt.

photo31rd.jpg

a lucky strike after much searching for that elusive "perfomance silent exhaust system" that had me being laughed at by various petrolheads! an APEXi world sport 2 muffler. need to fabricate a piping for this once the rest is done:

photo1rr.jpg

also managed to chase down a can of VHT wrinkle red for the valce cover and calipers. hooray! thanks Chang!

photo41z.jpg

there's more: sickspeed red washers to dress up the engine bay and quarterpanel mounts. would look nice on white

photo4rc.jpg

and then there's the red plug wires. you didn't really think i would NOT get red plug wires now, did you?

photo5ni.jpg

and finally, my crowning glory, the cherry on the cake: the two thrones: reclinable racing buckets from SSCUS malaysia:

photo3ggu.jpg

in case you're wondering, i sat in them and was doing the imaginary lap. and i thought i was bad until lakmal came over, sat down and did the same with a little bit of double clutching too. even he can be excused... my wife came home, and had to take a spin as well!

Edited by Komisiripala
  • Like 3

• MADZ featured this topic
  • MADZ locked this topic