• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Komisiripala

so the engine respray went ahead. and no paint is complete without getting down to the nitty gritty, eh?

so first we cleared up all the wires, pipes, hosing etc etc to expose the bay, like this:

photo1vbu.jpg

then we had a go at it, with brushes and kerosene spray. lots of gunk. good old majan.

photo2yn.jpg

and finally cleared up til the basecoat. like this:

photo3xt.jpg

wasn't around for the spray. indika tells me its making him all emotional. should go and see. and try not to cry. :)

aah, the wait draws nearer to an end...

righto chaps, am off to give my liver and larynx a run for its money for the next two days. will update on monday. cheers!

and of course, go thora!!

Edited by Komisiripala

go thora thamai. redda. anyhow, there's always next year...

now, back to the teg: a little progress over last week. the engine bay was painted, as was the inside of the firewall.

photo21po.jpg

she is looking lovely!!

photo41l.jpg

there's something about that white i tell you... :) even the baases are like wow...

indika had also had the engine mounts and brake servo sprayed. the little details. good.

photo31hn.jpg

they're now starting to piece it back together. bit by bit...

Im assuming your new tyres are pretty good for you to give up on upsizing the rims. Anyway I've been doing a bit of research on lightweight rims and it seems that 15's are the best compromise when it comes to handling, comfort and rotational intertia on jap compacts.

Personally I'd love to see your car sitting on some mugen mf10l's. They are a bit on the pricey side. but at 4.7 kilos a piece you'll definitely notice the difference. They are forged too. So should be able to take some abuse.

No jadey I tried a couple of 16's but they were the wrong offset (negative) had a heap of tyre rub. Couldn't take more than 2 ppl in the car, and looked fugly.

I'm dropping the car, so I need the wheels to sit inside the wheel well.

Plus you're right on the physics behind my choice too. I noticed a drop in torque with the bigger rims

• 2 weeks later...

sorry mates, got delayed, but here it is:

so suddenly a lot happens over 2 days. indika has laid out the engine bay, its waiting for the engine now. since he bought the repair kit yesterday i guess that wont take too long...

photo2jw.jpg

and the dash goes in! after so long! oh wow! *-giggles-* :sport-smiley-004:

photo1jqw.jpg

photo4aq.jpg

and that meter cluster! 10,000RPM motherhuggers! woohoo!! i could have hugged the wiring guy...

photo3tm.jpg

the front end is done as well. dings and dents straightened, putty removed, bonded over, diffuser straightened, and coated. only the paint is left. my baby! :smilie_liebe9:

photo11wb.jpg

and he's cut the auto brake pedal so it fits. complete with pedal pad and all! the clutch is being sorted out...

photo21gw.jpg

inching closer day by day. sadly next week has two public holidays, and a long weekend. so i doubt much will happen. ah well. this one time its worth the wait!

next up we're installing the window paraphernalia and giving the doors another coat. then in goes the engine and then final coat of NH0

• Like 2

• MADZ featured this topic
  • MADZ locked this topic