• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Komisiripala

Lol shanx some of my nearest and dearest friends/family have actually tried to sabotage project R for the same reasons!!

Well they aren't your nearest or dearest if they're sabotaging your work...Do they have a valid excuse atleast? You're not spending beyond your means or neglecting family obligations cos of this car are you?

Anyways,as long as your wife and parents are ok with it tell the rest they can f**k off...

• Like 2

Well they aren't your nearest or dearest if they're sabotaging your work...Do they have a valid excuse atleast? You're not spending beyond your means or neglecting family obligations cos of this car are you?

Anyways,as long as your wife and parents are ok with it tell the rest they can f**k off...

i have, bro. i have. its really hard to let go of some people but when you know they are your own undoing, its time to cut the moorings

MD, Rossi rides for Yamaha now :) (just noticed your signature)

MD, Rossi rides for Yamaha now :) (just noticed your signature)

Yeah didn't get the time to update it.Will do so when I get a moment...you a motogp fan?Don't get many of those around here...

Yeah didn't get the time to update it.Will do so when I get a moment...you a motogp fan?Don't get many of those around here...

Anything on wheels man :) I would be a fan of motored unicycle racing if such a thing existed!

God that was the funniest sequel ever! The change in Morts and Maurice's expressions when king Julian went down with the truck... And then came up again! Absolutely priceless!!

King Julien (Sacha Baron Cohen) is the biggest reason I watched Madagascar 2 & 3!

Remember the "whistling as a career" bit?! :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

so kelum is back after being AWOL for 3 days. i was a bit upset, but then seeing this when i went today, couldn't voice a word of protest!

photo2wbz.jpg

there goes the simota intake and piping. more on kelum, apparently his sister was a navy officer shot in trinco camp due to some mishap. its been an year so the daane bana etc. i heard about this from my friends at trinco hospital. she succumbed to her injuries there. small worls, sri lanka definitely is.

also mounted the engine mounts under the car, those were broken, so replaced.

the new radiator doesn't have screws for the auxiliary fan. need to fabricate those and stick it in

photo1shz.jpg

there is is! only the dizzie left to be mounted. the clutch reservoir has its own screws also. its like EVERYTHING in this car was made for a manual gearbox. uncanny!

photo3pw.jpg

more happening tomorrow. we'll be fabricating a bracket for the intake piping as well. ignition is not so far away now!

• Like 1

so kelum is back after being AWOL for 3 days. i was a bit upset, but then seeing this when i went today, couldn't voice a word of protest!

photo2wbz.jpg

there goes the simota intake and piping. more on kelum, apparently his sister was a navy officer shot in trinco camp due to some mishap. its been an year so the daane bana etc. i heard about this from my friends at trinco hospital. she succumbed to her injuries there. small worls, sri lanka definitely is.

also mounted the engine mounts under the car, those were broken, so replaced.

the new radiator doesn't have screws for the auxiliary fan. need to fabricate those and stick it in

photo1shz.jpg

there is is! only the dizzie left to be mounted. the clutch reservoir has its own screws also. its like EVERYTHING in this car was made for a manual gearbox. uncanny!

photo3pw.jpg

more happening tomorrow. we'll be fabricating a bracket for the intake piping as well. ignition is not so far away now!

The Blue pipes are really good looking. at first sight i thought it is a photoshop image :speechless-smiley-004:

The Blue pipes are really good looking. at first sight i thought it is a photoshop image :speechless-smiley-004:

now THAT's a compliment!! yeah i know they look awesome! its the white engine bay that brings the colours out. my mechanic was not convinced with the color selection then. he is now!

today i come to learn that there is a ceiling on how much work gets done no matter how long i stay there and be a byte. this really is a meditation.

anyhow, the radiator was argon welded and went back in. its HUGE, and we had to trim the fan shroud a little to make it fit. no space to put the header guard tho.

photo1bf.jpg

photo2rtg.jpg

and then clipped all the hoses, and installed the reservoir tank. so that's that.

photo4biz.jpg

oh yeah, the belts are all in place too.

photo3yvi.jpg

now all that's left is to find a place for the blaster coil, and plug in the dizzie. its all done. hopefully finishing that on monday and going into paint. GOD this is taking FOREVER!!

drawing that much nearer to completion. fixed the coil in place neatly with a bracket:

photo1az.jpg

also bolted the intake pipe onto the engine. that mount took a better part of the day to fabricate. frustrating, yes, but i'd rather all this be done neatly, and with attention to detail. and this is one example of kelum's devotion to that very quality:

photo2jjq.jpg

and then all the little hoses and vacuum lines were connected.

photo3mb.jpg

and that, gentlemen, is it! tomorrow we wire up the distributor, connect the accelerator cable, fill up the oils and water, fire her up and see what gives! after so long, the wait is over. clearly, i'm losing sleep over it! hooray!!

• Like 1

Yeah I was thinking about that. But I guess that needs the Fiber guy. And at the mo, I'd rather concentrate in finishing this. A cold air box might just work tho, given where the intake is...

Fiber? Won't that end up being heavy? Anyways, I ended up watching

as I was googling for Acura Intregra cold air box kits and heat shields. So you're probably right: The change would be negligible when taking into consideration the need to get the car out where it belongs. Having a car sidelined for months-on-end certainly does suck... Edited by Kavvz

• MADZ featured this topic
  • MADZ locked this topic