• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Komisiripala

Just thinking out of the box Komi. Shouldn't you be using more doctorly car? I would have few reservations to show myself, my wife or kids to a doctor who comes in a riced up Integra. Just saying and no offence meant.

What is a Doctorly car ? A Porsche 911 ? I saw a doctor using that as a daily driver in a japanese movie which he use to road race at night which ends up killing the competitor one time . Are you suggesting Tegra is not fast enough for Komi to kill some one at night ? ;)

Just thinking out of the box Komi. Shouldn't you be using more doctorly car? I would have few reservations to show myself, my wife or kids to a doctor who comes in a riced up Integra. Just saying and no offence meant.

As I did my A/L’s in Biological science stream I have lots of Doctor Friends. But for the automotive related questions I get from some of these guys, I honestly doubt how they were able to get through A/L’s in high colors and get into medical college. I mean most of their questions are highly illogical.at times I just think “Can they be dumber than this??” I would definitely think twice before getting any medical advice from those guys. But, when I see a Docter guy like Komi who drives a proper car, who is passionate about his ride, who knows the inner workings of a car I felt really proud. He really was a stand out among the majority of nerdy doctors I know. I wouldn’t have any doubts on consulting a person like him for medical advice because a doctor who knows the innerds of his car should definitely know the innerds of the human body.

And FYI, Komi’s Teg is not riced up. It’s a properly modified and improved car. Hope you know the meaning of Riced up and I honestly don’t think you are thinking out of the box here. Komi has already done that and that’s why he is driving such an exciting car while the majority of doctors drive lame belta’s and Axios just because they have to maintain their status due to people like you. You are just thinking out of your small box not knowing that your small box is already in another bigger box and Komi is standing tall outside that bigger box. :)

Edited by LashNeo
  • Like 4

As I did my A/L’s in Biological science stream I have lots of Doctor Friends. But for the automotive related questions I get from some of these guys, I honestly doubt how they were able to get through A/L’s in high colors and get into medical college. I mean most of their questions are highly illogical.at times I just think “Can they be dumber than this??” I would definitely think twice before getting any medical advice from those guys. But, when I see a Docter guy like Komi who drives a proper car, who is passionate about his ride, who knows the inner workings of a car I felt really proud. He really was a stand out among the majority of nerdy doctors I know. I wouldn’t have any doubts on consulting a person like him for medical advice because a doctor who knows the innerds of his car should definitely know the innerds of the human body.

And FYI, Komi’s Teg is not riced up. It’s a properly modified and improved car. Hope you know the meaning of Riced up and I honestly don’t think you are thinking out of the box here. Komi has already done that and that’s why he is driving such an exciting car while the majority of doctors drive lame belta’s and Axios just because they have to maintain their status due to people like you. You are just thinking out of your small box not knowing that your small box is already in another bigger box and Komi is standing tall outside that bigger box. :)

The a levels are just a judge of how good you Are at memorizing some given facts and vomiting them out within a given time frame. FYI I failed my a levels. Because getting anything less than three A's at bio is considered as failing. My own brother told me so.

And I'm very very glad I did. Got a chance to see the world and really appreciate what we have in this country because of that. I'm not a son a free education. Hell my parents paid for every cent of my degree and I'm a Thomian. Through their taxes they put the locals through college as well. I owe this country nothing. And yet I owe her everything.

• Like 1

thanks machan. and yes. first few days this attracted the cops like flies to a horses' ass. i really dunno why. i guess my front number plate sticker was too small. and when they started disrespecting me and slandering me as a person, i really got sick of it. the men in green think they have the right to judge us as well. not just do their duty. one of them actually asked me why i'm not in a car more befitting my status, like a corolla or an axio.

i had had enough of their pith, that's all. so i removed it and kept it for special occasions. its just two screws away anyway.

This is the sad situation that has happened to our country. People are judged by their clothes and the car they drive, not by their values and skills. :(

What I don't understand is what's makes the Teg unsuitable for a doctor? It makes perfect sense for a doctor to have a fast car... helps in case of emergencies ;)

May be they judge people by the number of the car and the value of the car. I don't think cops have an idea about the performance side of a cars only the outlook.

Why? Does an axio come with a guarantee that he/she will save your life? How you judge people is up to you. It just reflects the morals and values you've been brought up with. I for one, will not blindly follow a stereotype just because that's what society expects of me. So clearly I'm not mr popular. But someday when i leave this earth i will do so with one of the biggest smiles on my face. Just saying. No offense meant.

I have seen a doc at Central who comes in a sti :) and another doc who still uses his old VW bug daily (cream colour)

A Doctorly car? and that is?

If you read this thread from the beginning you would understand how much patience and attention to detail Komi had put to this project. IMHO, those are essentials for a doctor. It is sad to see that Sri Lankans are conditioned to stereotypes, and made to think according to needs of certain brand owners, not their own :(

What you said above is like 'I take Panadol, if I take Paracetamol I get allergies'. :D Wake up dude!

Why? Does an axio come with a guarantee that he/she will save your life? How you judge people is up to you. It just reflects the morals and values you've been brought up with. I for one, will not blindly follow a stereotype just because that's what society expects of me. So clearly I'm not mr popular. But someday when i leave this earth i will do so with one of the biggest smiles on my face. Just saying. No offense meant.

Well said Komi.

• Like 1

the AC compressor gave up and had to get it replaced. haiyyo unexpected kick-in-the-plums. anyhow, in other news, handed her over to the guru to do the needful. here she is with zackie's teg. now i just can't bloody wait to get her back! VTEC! finally!!

[img=http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/7314/3mxu.jpg]

Me too counting. Wanna ride on it after this tuned ecu. Trying follow your footsteps sir.......

Calm down my friends. I was drunk after a party and as usual logged in to AL before hitting the sac. Thought of saying something that would stir the AL community. Made a poke at Komi knowing very well that there will be number of posts reacting. I don't really care what komi drives but admirably appreciate the fact that he's still got 'Ratha gaya',[as my lovely wife puts it] even after qualifying.

Somebody asked what a doctorly car is. Here it is.

Toyota Premeo, Allion, Axio, Vitz, Belta

Richer doctors - Land Rover, Montero, Montero sport, Kia what ever..

Would I buy one? No

I would always recommend to go to a doctor who knows the inner workings of a car.

• Like 1

Komi, those elakiri alto buggers should come and see your Type R. They will be speech less. I just finished reading the whole thread and man that's some awesome work! well done!

An elakiri bugger once met me at the garage. Indika had told him about all the work on the car. He went over to inspect and of course, judge it by his standards. His response? " ko, beat barrel naa ne. Spoiler, body kit naa ne! Monawada meykata mechchara karey?" hopeless men. Just hopeless. I just smiled and kept to myself. Not worth the time

An elakiri bugger once met me at the garage. Indika had told him about all the work on the car. He went over to inspect and of course, judge it by his standards. His response? " ko, beat barrel naa ne. Spoiler, body kit naa ne! Monawada meykata mechchara karey?" hopeless men. Just hopeless. I just smiled and kept to myself. Not worth the time

A typical elakiri expert I must say..

Custom ecu map by Zackie.

Perfect 900 idle. No lope even after a burn

Vtec engaged at 4400

Redline at 9000

And what a balanced tune it is. Loads more low rpm torque from 1500-3000. Car feels as nimble as a your wife's lover leaving through the window. Much lighter on her toes. And I thought it was my header that cut the power!

And she sings beyond the magic mark. Oh. My. God.

5am. Baseline road. 150 on 4th@7000rpm. Shifted into 5th. And she settles down to a comfy cruise at around 4000. Every inch of her says just try it. I didn't have the courage.

I'm back on eBay looking for the next upgrade: bigger hairy balls version 2.0. mine are clearly OEM!!

• Like 3

Custom ecu map by Zackie. Perfect 900 idle. No lope even after a burn Vtec engaged at 4400 Redline at 9000 And what a balanced tune it is. Loads more low rpm torque from 1500-3000. Car feels as nimble as a your wife's lover leaving through the window. Much lighter on her toes. And I thought it was my header that cut the power! And she sings beyond the magic mark. Oh. My. God. 5am. Baseline road. 150 on 4th@7000rpm. Shifted into 5th. And she settles down to a comfy cruise at around 4000. Every inch of her says just try it. I didn't have the courage. I'm back on eBay looking for the next upgrade: bigger hairy balls version 2.0. mine are clearly OEM!!

Congrats Komi!!!! and Im LMAO , your post just made my day!

well that was the last big deal, i suppose. nothing more to do on the teg. she's complete. from now on it'll be maintenance. and little tidbits.

speaking of which, finally got the jiggly center console fixed at bara. with clips to keep the ashtray/lighter part in place... that holds the whole thing together. and a surround for the radio unit. she looks so much better now.

4vhi.jpg

• Like 2

Peri check dx.com eBay for an android powered console. And you need to fabricate a center console to be able to put a tab in there. Do you want my fiber guys details? He's in aththidiya

Few little twiddles needed than just the fibre, like having an amp and volume control. Plus need the USB power system. I've checked out some stuff they did in the US on youtube. But I need a tab with data first anyway, so hang onto that idea for now :)

• MADZ featured this topic
  • MADZ locked this topic