• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Komisiripala

drawing that much nearer to completion. fixed the coil in place neatly with a bracket:

[img=http://imageshack.us/a/img194/9192/photo1az.jpg]

also bolted the intake pipe onto the engine. that mount took a better part of the day to fabricate. frustrating, yes, but i'd rather all this be done neatly, and with attention to detail. and this is one example of kelum's devotion to that very quality:

[img=http://imageshack.us/a/img163/9610/photo2jjq.jpg]

and then all the little hoses and vacuum lines were connected.

[img=http://imageshack.us/a/img585/8201/photo3mb.jpg]

and that, gentlemen, is it! tomorrow we wire up the distributor, connect the accelerator cable, fill up the oils and water, fire her up and see what gives! after so long, the wait is over. clearly, i'm losing sleep over it! hooray!!

Hi Komi,

What's the gauge on behind the engine?

i really dunno where to start. to hear that engine kick up today... probably the happiest thing i'll hear next to the cries of my unborn son/daughter. and it idles PERFECT. there's no "gentle lope" or "rough idle" that so many people spoke about with the BC cams, saying that i won't be able to move the car a foot without an aftermarket ecu. you can see for yourself:

also, here's the finished engine bay, with the dizzie mounted, plug wires installed and wire cover in place.

photo1jut.jpg

photo3ard.jpg

also, pug306, you asked what the gauge was. its a fuel pressure gauge, here's a closeup. it does a little jig on ignition, which is hella cool, i'll try and record that soon.

photo2eo.jpg

now, onwards to finish the paint. and then the interior!

• Like 1

just to give you a quick recapitulation of what this car has gone through while with me:

here's what it was when i bought it:

000633899.jpg

here's what it was when i went nuts with it. still owe charith and schiffer one for bitch slapping me out of this:

dsc0003mvk.jpg

and here it is today. not complete by a long shot. the strut tower bars and grounding kit has to be installed.

photo1jut.jpg

• Like 1

thanks guys! it is such a pleasure to see it all come into place. and cyclist, yes i did wonder that myself! but here are a list of things that need to go in there:

1. wiper washer fluid reservoir

2. type R aluminium strut tower bar

3. ultra racing 3 point tower strut

4. the battery

5. the grouding wire kit with the engine bay mounted voltmeter

6. the 4 ballasts for the two pairs of HID's.

so all that should hopefully fill the gaps. i remember the first painter saying that the engine was a "saagarayak". somehow saagare hindila wagey tikak, no?

but trust me man, at this moment in time i am simply overjoyed and beside myself. look how well she idles. and the noise... oh the noise! you guys should hear it in person. the hint of bass the whine of the intake. its pure automotive auditory orgasm! with the APEXi exhaust note it should be even sweeter...

Komi, where is this workshop? I don't mind dropping in for a few minutes, when I happen to pass by, when you're also around.

Indika motors, 9, gamini mawatha, salamulla, kolonnawa.

I've tagged it in four square. Search for "Indika's garage"

More than welcome. Do join me sometime. I go daily 6 days a week. Not today tho. Datto is out of whack. Tomorrow deffa. Will be there til about 6pm.

Salamulla is quite close to obesekerapura.

• Like 1

Been following this thread from day 1, though I’m not a frequent commenter. I think it`s about to time to say “Bravo..!” mate. Good stuff.

As an ex owner of a rev happy Honda 4 banger, it`s a pleasure to see the B18 sing (oh well, at least clear the throat for the moment..). Come to think that these types of motors will never come out of any production line again, makes me want to have one. Again.

Let her run in, and then do up a video at full throttle eh?

• Like 2

I've got the social media covered for her, ;)

And thanks, mrcat, you guys make it all worthwhile.

Through my blog, If I can inspire even one person to get rid oh his/her tin can and enjoy a car with character, then I have succeeded.

Oh and I don't mean you. I mean the vios drivers, Honda beat barrellers etc

Its amazing to see the final results after the many phone calls and the hundreds of messages between Komi and me! Congratulations Suneth, you have achieved something brilliant here!

Wishing you many joyful memories with this beast! And the lens has to meet the Teg soon as its done! ;)

• Like 1

Awesome, Thanks! Saw the place on Foursquare. Will try to drop in sometime soon (probably during one of the weekends).
Komi, where is this workshop? I don't mind dropping in for a few minutes, when I happen to pass by, when you're also around.
Me too machan!. Hopefully drought at the CSTH car park will be over within next month!

• MADZ featured this topic
  • MADZ locked this topic