• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Vitz Or Ist

kasdesilva

Question

19 answers to this question

Vitz is newer,does better on fuel but most of them are 1000cc hence a tad underpowered and 1.3L ones will be beyond your budget. Toyota IST is 1.3l and has enough power. The IST would now be well over a decade old keep that in mind as well.

Vitz is newer,does better on fuel but most of them are 1000cc hence a tad underpowered and 1.3L ones will be beyond your budget. Toyota IST is 1.3l and has enough power. The IST would now be well over a decade old keep that in mind as well.

Well Vitz is just 3 years from becoming a decade old car. I would go with the IST over Vitz but considering the market factors Vitz is the best deal.

Well Vitz is just 3 years from becoming a decade old car. I would go with the IST over Vitz but considering the market factors Vitz is the best deal.

Actually in 2017,next year it will be a decade old...

I hope people will import new Gen Vitz if there is one. Also is there a new gen IST or is it discontinued?

New gen Vitz is available. Not sure about IST.

Edited by hrm

On 7/3/2016 at 1:23 PM, kasdesilva said:

Thank for all. i only found 2007 dual airbag for 2.8M. Today i got a massage about 1300cc 2007 one for 2.9M. its little bit high for me. Is there any issues in pickup with 1000cc vitz?

with 5 passengers on an incline you will have issues. 

I once went to kandy in a 1000cc vitz.car is pretty much ok.but when i returned home,unlike other days i felt really tired.although i didn't drive it,i think partly it's due to the noisy engine.1300cc should be more refined.fuel consumption wise it's good choice.in that case,imo i think Ist would be better.its got the same engine that 121 got and pretty solid engine.if u hope to travel long distances more frequently go for ist.if u do city driving most of the time go for the vitz.

IMO 2.5 million for a hatch is too much.if u need a small car and low fuel consumption,u got no other choices left in this price bracket.

Edited by DhoRK

On 7/3/2016 at 1:23 PM, kasdesilva said:

Thank for all. i only found 2007 dual airbag for 2.8M. Today i got a massage about 1300cc 2007 one for 2.9M. its little bit high for me. Is there any issues in pickup with 1000cc vitz?

Go for the 1300cc one. Extra 100k worth it.

Yes there's an issue in pickup of 1000cc Vitz same as some other 1000cc 3 cylinder cars.

My Sister got a 2008 RS back in SL, i think this is one of the few RS's Sri Lanka fitted with 1.5cc engine with lots of grunt

Before Sister get this i have test few 1.3's and a 1 1000cc and please don't go for 1L model it's may be good for town but not for long distance.

1.3's are not bad and ok to drive long distance i guess, but RS is defiantly a good one.

IST got more boot space than VITZ and more leg space for back passengers so think of those if you buy for family use/ distance driving.

regards

JC 

• Like 1

On 16/07/2016 at 9:53 PM, DhoRK said:

I once went to kandy in a 1000cc vitz.car is pretty much ok.but when i returned home,unlike other days i felt really tired.although i didn't drive it,i think partly it's due to the noisy engine.1300cc should be more refined.fuel consumption wise it's good choice.in that case,imo i think Ist would be better.its got the same engine that 121 got and pretty solid engine.if u hope to travel long distances more frequently go for ist.if u do city driving most of the time go for the vitz.

IMO 2.5 million for a hatch is too much.if u need a small car and low fuel consumption,u got no other choices left in this price bracket.

When I drive to Kandy and back I feel tired in ANY car! :D 

On 7/17/2016 at 7:23 AM, DhoRK said:

Thanks. As a city diver i went fr vitz