• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Civic 2018

anuNTZ

6 hours ago, misnad said:

Don't worry, this thread is all about the Civic! :D depends on where you're driving it and your style. I get around 10L/100km in Colombo city, but moves to about 5L/100km long distance on the highway.

Edited by nubiaha

2 hours ago, misnad said:

Don't worry, this thread is all about the Civic! :D depends on where you're driving it and your style. I get around 10L/100km in Colombo city, but moves to about 5L/100km long distance on the highway.

Cool..and also do you drive it with the ECO mode turned on or off?

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I recently bought 2018 Honda Cevic Teckpack  form Stafford  Rathanapitiya. Was driven around 32 k time of the  purchased . After driving around over two months of time I getting  warning light comes(ACC) and took to Staford service and they could not find root cause yet. Getting them to test again next week as car us under warranty? Any of you have similar experience  ?

2 hours ago, Rasika Praz Silva said:

Hi All,

I recently bought 2018 Honda Cevic Teckpack  form Stafford  Rathanapitiya. Was driven around 32 k time of the  purchased . After driving around over two months of time I getting  warning light comes(ACC) and took to Staford service and they could not find root cause yet. Getting them to test again next week as car us under warranty? Any of you have similar experience  ?

Used to get this before and it disappears when you restart the car. Just ask them to run a scan and clear any error codes if there are some that are fixed yet outstanding. Also, this completely disappeared ever since I got my front bumper removed and refitted when I had my AC condenser changed. Not sure if there's something in there messing around with the radar.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2022 at 1:32 PM, misnad said:

I’ve just recently switched to Continental MC6’s and they’re a huge bonus in ride comfort over the older Primacy 3’s. Just that the front end seems to take on bumps pretty badly compared to about a year ago. I recall ending up in a few potholes during the rainy season unfortunately and I guess that must’ve whacked it. Ah well.. shall report back after getting the shocks tested.

Ok so an update after tolerating this for a while. It kept getting worse over time and I wanted to check the tire pressure however thanks to the fuel situation, not many sheds offer this service easily. Managed to get it checked at Bamba IOC last weekend and figured out that the chaps who replaced my tires probably had a faulty pump. My rears were at 38psi and the front was like 34psi. Changed it down to 32psi on all 4 and the ride is back to normal! On another note, I have a full service coming up in about 2 weeks and I dare not dream of the price of lubricant these days 😣

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, misnad said:

Ok so an update after tolerating this for a while. It kept getting worse over time and I wanted to check the tire pressure however thanks to the fuel situation, not many sheds offer this service easily. Managed to get it checked at Bamba IOC last weekend and figured out that the chaps who replaced my tires probably had a faulty pump. My rears were at 38psi and the front was like 34psi. Changed it down to 32psi on all 4 and the ride is back to normal! On another note, I have a full service coming up in about 2 weeks and I dare not dream of the price of lubricant these days 😣

Oh dear, driving with 38, I could imagine. But I guess fair share of that must’ve absorbed by the continentals.

Lubricant prices has almost doubled, Im hearing a 1Ltr Mobil1 ESP now costs 9K at M*Larens.

8 minutes ago, misnad said:

I tend to avoid air pumps with analog meters and try to topup using those digital ones available at fuel stations for the very reason.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, misnad said:

Used to get this before and it disappears when you restart the car. Just ask them to run a scan and clear any error codes if there are some that are fixed yet outstanding. Also, this completely disappeared ever since I got my front bumper removed and refitted when I had my AC condenser changed. Not sure if there's something in there messing around with the radar.

Thanks mate for advice. I will see how it goes next week. 

1 hour ago, Rasika Praz Silva said:

hi gents

Any good mechanics/garage for service/repair/turning new generation of Honda Civic's. Getting bit frustrated about Stafford qualify of work recently 😒

Try H*brid Hub Colombo. I’ve been using their services since 2019

1 hour ago, Rasika Praz Silva said:

hi gents

Any good mechanics/garage for service/repair/turning new generation of Honda Civic's. Getting bit frustrated about Stafford qualify of work recently 😒

Try H*brid Hub Colombo. I’ve been using their services since 2019

Hi Gents

Have you guys got rim Protectors installed on wheels? As per Technician at Stafford Maradan, these seem to  give headache with false positive  type pressure warning. Asked them to remove in that case.

Also, what's the average KMS driven with original set of tyres on your Cevic? My car done around, 32250km and Stafford advise me to replace tyres. I know some tyres wear out more compare to others. Not keen to replace all as I expect to long last more than 30k

Also, Staford said they ran a scan and cleared any error codes and looks good now. They mentioned that  they need to remove front bumper check these issue too.  Fingers crossed all those annoying warning light will not come up again. 

Anyone starts getting engine warning in orange colour after fill up with Octane 92? Due to shortage of Octane 95  fuel, I had filled up with Octane 92 last week😒

16 hours ago, Rasika Praz Silva said:

Have you guys got rim Protectors installed on wheels? As per Technician at Stafford Maradan, these seem to  give headache with false positive  type pressure warning. Asked them to remove in that case.

I can't see how rim protectors would affect the TPMS system. If I'm not mistaken, the Civic and HR-V share the same "indirect" TPMS where it measures rotational speed of each wheel to determine if any of them have a diameter different than the preset value. 

If you are seeing the TPMS warning light on the dash, it could mean that your TPMS needs to be re-calibrated. Inflate all four tyres to the factory specified pressure and initiate the TPMS calibration procedure as outlined in the owner's manual (it includes holding the TPMS button on the dash for a few seconds to start the process).

Also, what's the average KMS driven with original set of tyres on your Cevic? My car done around, 32250km and Stafford advise me to replace tyres. I know some tyres wear out more compare to others. Not keen to replace all as I expect to long last more than 30k

30K kms seems pretty normal to me. Remember that your driving style, and driving conditions, tyre pressure and wheel alignment affect tyre wear. 

Anyone starts getting engine warning in orange colour after fill up with Octane 92? Due to shortage of Octane 95  fuel, I had filled up with Octane 92 last week😒

I've been saying this for ages, but I think the quality of 92 octane fuel in SL is questionable. So if your car requires 95, I'd highly recommend you stick to it. 

As for the Check Engine light, get a diagnostic scan done on the car to determine what the actual error code is. That will reveal what needs to be addressed. 

• Like 1

On 4/14/2022 at 6:57 PM, misnad said:

Hello @misnad,

Have you expierenced any back swing while your primacy 3s were worn? im at 25K kms now and tires has started peeling off here and there & i felt a bit of a swing from the back of the car while doing around 60 when hit a small pothole or an edge between road & bridge seperations.

On 4/18/2022 at 2:53 PM, Rasika Praz Silva said:

Hi Gents

Also, Staford said they ran a scan and cleared any error codes and looks good now. They mentioned that  they need to remove front bumper check these issue too.  Fingers crossed all those annoying warning light will not come up again. 

In the Civic the deflation warning system measures relative wheel rotations to determine if one or more tyres are significantly under inflated (4-5+ PSI) than others.

There are no pressure sensors and wheel speed is calculated using sensors which are common for ABS readings as well. It’s not surprising to hear these from them, this is just one of many things.

Make sure you inflate all 4 tyres to 32PSI and initiate calibration and you should be good.

for the check engine, please scan the car using a professional diagnostic scanner. That’ll tell you the exact issue.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2022 at 3:02 PM, NemesisArc said:

Hello @misnad,

Have you expierenced any back swing while your primacy 3s were worn? im at 25K kms now and tires has started peeling off here and there & i felt a bit of a swing from the back of the car while doing around 60 when hit a small pothole or an edge between road & bridge seperations.

Hello! I just felt the drive was super stiff and noisy inside the cabin, however it didn't have any fishtailing. The sidewalls started peeling off too and that's when I decided to swap them out. This happened on all 4 tyres unfortunately so I experienced a loss of grip with the drive wheels. 

• Thanks 1

Hi,

I recently bought a FC1 1500CC with 35k on ODO. During the service It was noted both of the rear shocks are gone. Observed the units which doing the wheel alignment - the rear axel has noticeable amount of oil leaked from the shocks. Now looking to replace. At Stafford a piece is quoted at 50k. I'm trying to find the part elsewhere without any success so far.

- I have not heard of both shocks failing on such short mileage. is it a known issue in the 10th Gen Civics.

- Any other vendors that has these parts

Appreciate the advise

2 minutes ago, tinyman said:

Hi,

I recently bought a FC1 1500CC with 35k on ODO. During the service It was noted both of the rear shocks are gone. Observed the units which doing the wheel alignment - the rear axel has noticeable amount of oil leaked from the shocks. Now looking to replace. At Stafford a piece is quoted at 50k. I'm trying to find the part elsewhere without any success so far.

- I have not heard of both shocks failing on such short mileage. is it a known issue in the 10th Gen Civics.

- Any other vendors that has these parts

Appreciate the advise

Are you sure about the 35K ODO? At that mileage shocks cannot go bad unless the previous owner has used it to transport goods instead of using it as a car.

2 hours ago, GWX777 said:

Are you sure about the 35K ODO? At that mileage shocks cannot go bad unless the previous owner has used it to transport goods instead of using it as a car.

This car was imported brand new and used by a consultant attached to National Hospital. I checked records at Stafford and SLIC. records seems to be true. When I asked Stafford, they said another car also had the same issue with 27k on ODO - and said it's not a manufacturing defect too. I'm just trying to understand whether this is one of those known issues relating to this car. I was able to find nothing in the internet so far.

7 hours ago, tinyman said:

This car was imported brand new and used by a consultant attached to National Hospital. I checked records at Stafford and SLIC. records seems to be true. When I asked Stafford, they said another car also had the same issue with 27k on ODO - and said it's not a manufacturing defect too. I'm just trying to understand whether this is one of those known issues relating to this car. I was able to find nothing in the internet so far.

This could happen to any car not just the Civic, based on the driving route and the driving style of the owner. Let's say the owner is regularly taking bad quality roads and drive in a way without any care towards the car the shocks and other suspension components could fail prematurely. I have seen many new cars being harshly driven in bad roads without any concern towards the vehicle which is a pain for me to watch driving behind it- maybe it's something a car guy feels ;)

And like @GWX777 had mentioned the previous owner could have carried heavy loads regularly as well depending on his requirements.

Anyway, its better to get it fixed soon since the prices of parts are very volatile nowadays. So you might have to pay a higher amount if you delay the repair :( 

I don't think this is an issue specifically related to the 10th gen Civic.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2022 at 11:23 AM, tinyman said:

going to do it tomorrow anyways.

Did you get the repair done? How was the quality of the job? (assume you did it at the agents)

And any noticeable difference in the car's handling/ comfort?