• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

## Post Whoring - Part 3 ##

MADZ

44 minutes ago, iRage said:

Besides...seen plenty of Patrol/Safari and Land Cruisers with lift kits that are 10+ years older.

The best kind of ride to have! Go anywhere, fear nothing! Not even errant 3wheeler dudes or bus drivers!!

*Okay I exaggerate- Maybe bus drivers...Those guys are completely looney!! 

...so you will have to upgrade the whole thing or run mismatched parts (eg. a TRD XYZ-Red control arm the left and a GAZOO Racing RTSFD@#@-Yellow one on the right side :D )

😆 🤣 😂 !! 

Edited by Kavvz

12 hours ago, iRage said:

Any car that tries to carry the name T-Rex needs to have menacing teeth and rough and tough body panelling 

Agreed! 

Mr. Pickwick on ice skates

From the Pickwick papers? Hmm...Not too sure about that. Despite being pretty heavy and almost comically named (TRX vs RAPTOR vs GLADIATOR vs ZRX...) I think these whacky big trucks are well received!

But then again, stick anything on a pickup style chassis and the Americans go all weak at the knees, no matter how impractical...🥴

Case in point a true Pickwick on skates: With side mirrors so big that they create a blind spot for your forward veiw, and an aluminum box that is ribbed (for your pleasure)!!

Even Dicken's couldn't make that stuff up !! America-Honestly, what were you thinking??!!

Edited by Kavvz
  • Haha 1

On 4/13/2021 at 5:34 PM, Kavvz said:

Hey @kmeeg been waiting for your thought on the V8 Wrangler...What's the scoop? 

Well my spending problem still continues. I did look at few and end up spending again.. Warning this would be a disappointing news to you..🤪

I would get delivery of a 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro probably sometime next week..

I know, I know, another boring Toyota..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kmeeg said:

would get delivery of a 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro probably sometime next week..

Wow!! Congratulations!! 

3 hours ago, kmeeg said:

Hardly ! 😆 one of the nicest SUV's I can think of right now...

(Only reason its not #1 on my list is because it doesn't come with a V8...) 

15 minutes ago, Kavvz said:

(Only reason its not #1 on my list is because it doesn't come with a V8...) 

You should try it. It brings back the old school cartoon scenes where the character opens the door and push for more speed.. Also keeps me safe from tickets as well since cops don't even bothered to pull a speed guns when they see a 4runne..LoL 😂

4 hours ago, kmeeg said:

Not really....Toyota has plenty of boring cars but those are the usual super market runners. The 4Runner is probably the only Toyota car that still carries the old school Toyota way of doing things....if you look at old Toyotas they were designed and built to be understanted and bland...for the average non-caring...kmpl counting Marys and Joes. However, they also took these land cars..did some tweaks that turned them in to completely different creatures for the more youthful and passionate at heart. The 4Runner is one of the few cars that still can pull that off.

• Like 1

A sports car that wants to go to the moon and back...

Meet Mr. Sasaki...he is the proud owner of this amazingly clean looking A80 Supra which he bought brand new 23 years ago.  Big deal..yeah...plenty of those around.

But what makes this Supra special is that it has 520,000kms on the clock and the owner has a (realistic) aim of reaching 760,000km. Why not a million ? Because he beleives that he will not live that long although the car would 🙂

He had purchased a SZ grade A80 Supra (so NA 2JZ engine) because the Turbo variants (RZ grades) were too expensive; but a LOT has been spent on options such as the large rear wing. But the most special of it all would be extremely rare aero fin lip in front (typically pops out at 80kmph+ or something) !!!The owner had replaced the stock speedo with a TRD one...but he is keeping the old one for record keeping 🙂 The Supra Logo is from an A70 as the A80 Supra did not have a special logo badge. 

Nothing has been done to the car except general running maintenance work and fixing a rear collision to the right rear quarter panel.
Taken from Gazoo website's article about Sasaki-san's car

May be an image of car and outdoorsMay be an image of 1 person, car and outdoorsMay be an image of car and outdoorsMay be an image of car and outdoorsMay be an image of carMay be an image of carNo photo description available.May be an image of car and outdoorsMay be an image of odometerMay be an image of odometer and wrist watchMay be an image of car and outdoors

• Like 4

8 hours ago, iRage said:

A sports car that wants to go to the moon and back...

Meet Mr. Sasaki...he is the proud owner of this amazingly clean looking A80 Supra which he bought brand new 23 years ago.  Big deal..yeah...plenty of those around.

But what makes this Supra special is that it has 520,000kms on the clock and the owner has a (realistic) aim of reaching 760,000km. Why not a million ? Because he beleives that he will not live that long although the car would 🙂

He had purchased a SZ grade A80 Supra (so NA 2JZ engine) because the Turbo variants (RZ grades) were too expensive; but a LOT has been spent on options such as the large rear wing. But the most special of it all would be extremely rare aero fin lip in front (typically pops out at 80kmph+ or something) !!!The owner had replaced the stock speedo with a TRD one...but he is keeping the old one for record keeping 🙂 The Supra Logo is from an A70 as the A80 Supra did not have a special logo badge. 

Nothing has been done to the car except general running maintenance work and fixing a rear collision to the right rear quarter panel.
Taken from Gazoo website's article about Sasaki-san's car

May be an image of car and outdoorsMay be an image of 1 person, car and outdoorsMay be an image of car and outdoorsMay be an image of car and outdoorsMay be an image of carMay be an image of carNo photo description available.May be an image of car and outdoorsMay be an image of odometerMay be an image of odometer and wrist watchMay be an image of car and outdoors

OMG, that is in showroom quality.  People  would offer insane price for a Supra in that condition. 

Thanks for sharing this..

9 hours ago, kmeeg said:

You should try it. It brings back the old school cartoon scenes where the character opens the door and push for more speed..

😆!! 

9 hours ago, kmeeg said:

Also keeps me safe from tickets as well since cops don't even bothered to pull a speed guns when they see a 4runne..LoL 😂

All the more reason to buy one and slap a super charger on!!  😁 !! 

15 hours ago, iRage said:

Not really....Toyota has plenty of boring cars but those are the usual super market runners. The 4Runner is probably the only Toyota car that still carries the old school Toyota way of doing things....if you look at old Toyotas they were designed and built to be understanted and bland...for the average non-caring...kmpl counting Marys and Joes. However, they also took these land cars..did some tweaks that turned them in to completely different creatures for the more youthful and passionate at heart. The 4Runner is one of the few cars that still can pull that off.

Toyota Blade Master G :D 

image.thumb.png.9389b0278c09fa14bae691bc4ec8b954.png

4 hours ago, Magnum said:

Toyota Blade Master G :D 

image.thumb.png.9389b0278c09fa14bae691bc4ec8b954.png

Sadly the Blade has dissapeared from us for 15 years. The following Auris' and most other models' bases were not very "fun convertable" and making it fun required extensive work-"ups" that were cost prohibitive. With the TNGA platform things seems to be getting better.

7 hours ago, iRage said:

Sadly the Blade has dissapeared from us for 15 years. The following Auris' and most other models' bases were not very "fun convertable" and making it fun required extensive work-"ups" that were cost prohibitive. With the TNGA platform things seems to be getting better.

Yeah it sucks the Master G didnt have any successor, here in Australia the popularity of Crown had trickled down into the Blade Master but I heard theres not many in Japanese auctions

4 hours ago, Magnum said:

Yeah it sucks the Master G didnt have any successor, here in Australia the popularity of Crown had trickled down into the Blade Master but I heard theres not many in Japanese auctions

Well...the Blade was not a hot seller...and of that the Master G was even less so. Then add to the fact that its been 11 - 15 years since it was around...you are not going to find that many around.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Magnum said:

Frustrating to see Max losing 1st place(for the second time) due to R*D B*LL's strategy fault 😤

Looks like RedBull has the pace and the better driver (Mercedes had that previously), but they are down on strategy. Looks like its going to be a competitive season.

I've been following MotoGP this year and its a crazy season.

On 5/11/2021 at 9:14 PM, Magnum said:

Frustrating to see Max losing 1st place(for the second time) due to R*D B*LL's strategy fault 😤

Same thoughts here. Verstappen is the better driver IMO.

I'm rooting for Sergio Perez this year after his amazing 14 overtakes from last to first during his last race with Racing Point. I've watched that video so many times. Here it is:

His first race with RedBull was also absolutely amazing given that he had car trouble, started last and finished 5th with 19 overtakes or something insane like that. :D 

On 5/12/2021 at 12:28 PM, Gummybr said:

Looks like RedBull has the pace and the better driver (Mercedes had that previously), but they are down on strategy. Looks like its going to be a competitive season.

I've been following MotoGP this year and its a crazy season.

5 hours ago, Davy said:

Same thoughts here. Verstappen is the better driver IMO.

I'm rooting for Sergio Perez this year after his amazing 14 overtakes from last to first during his last race with Racing Point. I've watched that video so many times. Here it is:

His first race with RedBull was also absolutely amazing given that he had car trouble, started last and finished 5th with 19 overtakes or something insane like that. :D 

Verstappen has become a much better driver than he was 2 years ago, the guy deserves more win

• 2 weeks later...