• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

## Post Whoring - Part 3 ##

MADZ

21 hours ago, GK_007 said:

image.thumb.png.d55227930573a8c599a8a732ae4b32b7.png

Who on earth will buy this for 14.4mn ? Besides it looks raped by some 'arawa mewa'. Literally 150% increase from the prices back in 2019. 

When the 2017/18 Premio goes for 20mil everyone thinks that you can make a major profit off these cars. "Make hay while the sun shines". This is becoming ridiculous, I dont know where it will end up at.

I was told that Insurance companies are trying to piggyback on this and are calling customers to increase the vehicle values so that they get an additional income off it. Problem is no one knows the correct value of a car in Sri Lanka, and it changes every week or so. Any thoughts on this?

2 hours ago, Gummybr said:

I was told that Insurance companies are trying to piggyback on this and are calling customers to increase the vehicle values so that they get an additional income off it.

Probably why my insurance guy had called me a couple of times :D 

I wonder how the valuation places operate now. 

10 hours ago, Magnum said:

Got a warning on my Crown today :D

image.thumb.png.1abd713d99cffea14214b49c7554c5ef.png

Well...I think by now we know you are a danger to pretty much everything and anything...not just the manifold :) 
That is a very blingy burger and pimp juice tray in your car !!

10 hours ago, iRage said:

Well...I think by now we know you are a danger to pretty much everything and anything...not just the manifold :) 
That is a very blingy burger and pimp juice tray in your car !!

Its a V.I.P table

DSC_2741.thumb.jpg.44bef6d95c503bb30fb8168f07830698.jpg

Edited by Magnum

On 8/26/2021 at 5:49 PM, Magnum said:

Its a V.I.P table

Never seen one of these before. Does that pop out of the glove box?

If you have an accident VIPeeing while driving, is that table is gonna be the one that hits the passenger's face? 😉

MistyHarmoniousHellbender-max-1mb.gif

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the most likely scenario was that the brakes went out. The brake lights are on but the truck simply is not slowing down.  There seems to have been a sand/cement pit in the center so that might have slowed the truck down had he driven in to it but who knows...that might have not done anything but just hit more cars. Not sure if it was intensional or not but kudos to the driver for ditching the truck in to the drain and sacrificing themselves. Things could have been a lot worst...thankfully there was no one sitting in the back of the car and the truck did not drag the car over the bridge with it.

Edited by iRage
  • Like 2

On 9/13/2021 at 10:38 AM, hrm said:

Crazy accident today at Ratnapura. Looks like the container truck lost its brakes or simply being reckless. Note the Axio was hit from behind.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=540773527023353&extid=NS-UNK-UNK-UNK-UNK_GK0T-GK1C&ref=sharing

There is quite a big slope coming down from Pelmadulla side upto the bridge, so yes it could be a brake fault.

• Like 1

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1133564_porsche-breaks-ground-on-its-synthetic-fuel-plant

Porsche comes up with a Synthetic fuel plant, but they say that it will be more expensive than normal fuel. Not a tech person or someone savvy with science but it seems cool maybe we can ask them to put it up here in Sri Lanka

This was an awesome race last week and I was on the edge of the seat watching this, and must say that you dont see this in F1. Exciting stuff, was always wondering why Pecco never had the pace on race day when he has been so fast during practice and qualifying. Watch from 11minutes afterwards. 8 time world champ goes against the rookie, 7 overtakes but still the rookie persists.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, kusumsiri said:

Double checking is safer than sorry. Isn't it ?

image.png.2b3e523cb7bd36879ab2b1aa5361e3a6.png

I am okay with neutral...but what freaks me out in to doube checking is shifting into Reverse and 1st in 6MT. Especially when I have to park in a tight spot where I have to shift backwards and forwards many times :).   

• Like 1