• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Tint For Sri Lankan Heat

Zinger

Hi Experts,

Quick Question. 

• Which TINT is the best to Beat the Sri Lankan Heat

Here are some of the brands I've heard of. But which of these are the most effective when it comes to heat blocking/reduction?

1. KleenPark's NDFOS 
  2. IrisPRO's UV+420
  3. 3M's Crystalline Tint
  4. Llumar Tints

Thanks Guys! 

Edited by Zinger

10 minutes ago, kmeeg said:

My vote for;

3.  3M's Crystalline Tint

All glasses including windshied. CR70 is good for windshield (hardly noticeable that its tinted) and you can use darker one for windows and rearglass.

Thank you so much for the response @kmeeg

It sure seems to be the popular opinion. I'll look into the 3M Tints

Any idea about what the NFDOS done by kleenpark is about? They claim their tints offer 78% heat rejection. 

From what I understand, kleenpark use to be the dealers for 3M, but switched to NFDOS, possibly to make better margins? I don't want to invest in some crappy tint, nor fall for something outdated. 

3 hours ago, Zinger said:

Thank you so much for the response @kmeeg

It sure seems to be the popular opinion. I'll look into the 3M Tints

Any idea about what the NFDOS done by kleenpark is about? They claim their tints offer 78% heat rejection. 

From what I understand, kleenpark use to be the dealers for 3M, but switched to NFDOS, possibly to make better margins? I don't want to invest in some crappy tint, nor fall for something outdated. 

Sorry no idea about that. 78% is the very good number. Look like not even the darkest crystalline has that amount of solar energy rejection.

BTW, need to set the expectation that not even crystalline tint able to keep the heat out when parked for long hours. Sunshade on a windshield is a must but still the car gets pretty hot after parked in sun. Need to open windows and run A/C for sometime to get the heat out. Just saying before you have really high expectation.

image.thumb.png.93b94fb95ebc2d4b3622c9a670052910.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zinger said:

Hi Experts,

Quick Question. 

• Which TINT is the best to Beat the Sri Lankan Heat

Here are some of the brands I've heard of. But which of these are the most effective when it comes to heat blocking/reduction?

1. KleenPark's NDFOS 
  2. IrisPRO's UV+420
  3. 3M's Crystalline Tint
  4. Llumar Tints

Thanks Guys! 

I am using 3Ms as well. 

Cant comment on others,however if we keep aside the brand name '3M';others might as well be the same or might even be better. 

Agree with @kmeeg on heat, the tint, windshield sunshade both are useless if parked in direct sunlight for long hours.

• Like 1

Guys, is there a way to identify genuine 3M tint film?? One of my friend's has the full 3M tint in his Allion done way back in time and it has the 3M logo printed all over the film.. Is that the way to identify genuine 3M? Cause different shops claim its 3M and quote varying prices.. not sure how to verify it..

11 hours ago, Dee Jay said:

Guys, is there a way to identify genuine 3M tint film?? One of my friend's has the full 3M tint in his Allion done way back in time and it has the 3M logo printed all over the film.. Is that the way to identify genuine 3M? Cause different shops claim its 3M and quote varying prices.. not sure how to verify it..

No really by the logo. I asked 3M tint city to remove 3M logos on my tints. And leave no gap on the glass. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kmeeg said:

No really by the logo. I asked 3M tint city to remove 3M logos on my tints. And leave no gap on the glass. 

So seems we have to take their word for it to be genuine?

2 hours ago, Dee Jay said:

So seems we have to take their word for it to be genuine?

I wonder if you stop by at 3M tint city at Maradana they will be able to validate that or if they have old records by license plate if it was done there. Not sure.. :(

• Like 1

Just now, kmeeg said:

I wonder if you stop by at 3M tint city at Maradana they will be able to validate that or if they have old records by license plate if it was done there. Not sure.. :(

Thanks, will check on that :) 

Hey guys! Quick update.

So I decided to go with the IrisPro IPE70

It seemed to make the most sense to me, considering it had everything I was looking for i.e 72% visible light, an infrared rejection of 92% & a total Solar Energy Rejection of 56%

Got it done at "The Washing Machine" in Pannipitiya

I have to say, stellar job! 

This tint is so fab, it feels like an invisible armor on your car. Here's what I found: 

Pros

1. Color - The tint lights up in a beautiful blue/green hue when exposed to sunlight. The exterior color is transparent as far as anyone's concerned.    

2. Heat - The tint manages to keep the car relatively cool, even when parked out in the hot sun. Performs really well when driving with minimum glare. 

3. Fuel Economy & A/C - I did experience better fuel economy and higher A/C performance after the tints were installed. 

4. Visibility - I'm very satisfied with the visible light performance of the tint. Hardly noticed a difference before/after installing tints.   

5. Service - The service was outstanding! The agent rep for Irispro (Tony) visited the station in person to give me a 15 min demonstration on how the tint works. We communicated back and forth via fb & phone. He was very accommodating with my requests.  

6. Price - The agent also managed to land me a great deal for the front windscreen (Rs. 13,500) and the roll down shutters (Rs. 8,500), and mind you, I've got a massive windscreen/shutter in my 97 Vitara. I'd say its definitely a competitive price, considering how a NDFOS Windscreen could cost about 15k, and 3M could be as high as 16k or more. 

7. Warranty - The tints come with a 10 year warranty afaik

Cons

1. Installation Time - Hardly something I should complain about. But still, here it is. The tint installation took about 3 hours in total for both the windscreen and the front shutters. They had to remove a lot of debris as well. Still though, hoping it would've been quicker. 

I'd definitely recommend IrisPro to anyone who's interested in installing a legal, reliable, well-performing and an affordable tint for their cars. 

Reach out to Tony at Irispro, he'll help you to secure a good deal. 

IrisPro-Auto-and-building-Film-specification-rev.xlsx-Auto-Film-01-768x773.png

• Thanks 1

Zinger,

First of all check with the importer of 3M tint from the agent I remember they are in Darmapala Mawatha.

Get from the agents who do the 3M tinting. and their specifications what they import. They have a large selection.

To my knowledge 3M tint is the best I have had for many years, there was not a scratch after cleaning the water.

M/s, "Kleen Park" to my knowledge first stared this then later many others followed same.

Sylvester Wijesinghe

Sylvi.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
On 3/7/2021 at 9:53 PM, Zinger said:

Hey guys! Quick update.

So I decided to go with the IrisPro IPE70

It seemed to make the most sense to me, considering it had everything I was looking for i.e 72% visible light, an infrared rejection of 92% & a total Solar Energy Rejection of 56%

Got it done at "The Washing Machine" in Pannipitiya

I have to say, stellar job! 

This tint is so fab, it feels like an invisible armor on your car. Here's what I found: 

Pros

1. Color - The tint lights up in a beautiful blue/green hue when exposed to sunlight. The exterior color is transparent as far as anyone's concerned.    

2. Heat - The tint manages to keep the car relatively cool, even when parked out in the hot sun. Performs really well when driving with minimum glare. 

3. Fuel Economy & A/C - I did experience better fuel economy and higher A/C performance after the tints were installed. 

4. Visibility - I'm very satisfied with the visible light performance of the tint. Hardly noticed a difference before/after installing tints.   

5. Service - The service was outstanding! The agent rep for Irispro (Tony) visited the station in person to give me a 15 min demonstration on how the tint works. We communicated back and forth via fb & phone. He was very accommodating with my requests.  

6. Price - The agent also managed to land me a great deal for the front windscreen (Rs. 13,500) and the roll down shutters (Rs. 8,500), and mind you, I've got a massive windscreen/shutter in my 97 Vitara. I'd say its definitely a competitive price, considering how a NDFOS Windscreen could cost about 15k, and 3M could be as high as 16k or more. 

7. Warranty - The tints come with a 10 year warranty afaik

Cons

1. Installation Time - Hardly something I should complain about. But still, here it is. The tint installation took about 3 hours in total for both the windscreen and the front shutters. They had to remove a lot of debris as well. Still though, hoping it would've been quicker. 

I'd definitely recommend IrisPro to anyone who's interested in installing a legal, reliable, well-performing and an affordable tint for their cars. 

Reach out to Tony at Irispro, he'll help you to secure a good deal. 

IrisPro-Auto-and-building-Film-specification-rev.xlsx-Auto-Film-01-768x773.png

@Zinger

Lots of useful information

I've recently gone with IrisPro & it "feels" better than the 3M which has been on 2 cars I've used before but this is not a quantitative or conclusive analysis by any stretch of anyone's imagination 😅

That said I'm toying with getting NDFOS for another vehicle so I'm curious to know what your thoughts were on the NDFOS offering when you did your research?

Also does anyone have any first hand experience with Avery Dennison tints?

@Twin Turbo the PoPo are unlikely to take offense to the virtually clear tint that the OP has opted for

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Ravi J said:

Anyone can recommend one from Irispro and NDFOS?

@Ravi JI've got both one my two cars right now.

The IrisPro is great

The NDFOS was only put on a few days ago so it's a little too early to say but purely based on feel as an unscientific measure the IrisPro feels like it has a slight edge 

Cost wise the NDFOS is marginally cheaper but comes with a 15 year warranty Vs 10 years for IrisPro

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...
25 minutes ago, Thiran said:

@Devinda_Z , Hi, Could you please explain your experince with IrisPro and NDFOS. What is better ?

Personally I preferred the IrisPro but I can't offer quantitative proof to support this.

Keep in mind though even the slightest clear tint from IrisPro has a slight blueish green hue unlike the NDFOS.

16 hours ago, Devinda_Z said:

Personally I preferred the IrisPro but I can't offer quantitative proof to support this.

Keep in mind though even the slightest clear tint from IrisPro has a slight blueish green hue unlike the NDFOS.

@Devinda_Z

Was also thinking of getting the tint redone. Is the hue a bother when driving?

Willing to spend the extra coin on getting the best. What tint would you recommend out of the big names?

regarding the IrisPro tints, I’m guessing the extra 2kmpl and other marketing is mostly nonsense?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2023 at 7:54 AM, fiat fan said:

@Devinda_Z

Was also thinking of getting the tint redone. Is the hue a bother when driving?

Willing to spend the extra coin on getting the best. What tint would you recommend out of the big names?

regarding the IrisPro tints, I’m guessing the extra 2kmpl and other marketing is mostly nonsense?

@fiat fan I'm fine with that greenish blue tinge but there are others who aren't fans but I feel like down to personal preference. 

I didn't notice any fuel gains but that was never the purpose of this exercise lol

14 hours ago, Devinda_Z said:

@fiat fan I'm fine with that greenish blue tinge but there are others who aren't fans but I feel like down to personal preference. 

I didn't notice any fuel gains but that was never the purpose of this exercise lol

I guess I’ll have to go see it in person. I’m guessing it’s like the Mercedes with factory tint?

I had a feeling the fuel thing was BS. But they advertise heavily on the extra 2kmpl, even few OG forum members claimed it on Facebook. lol

On 2/28/2023 at 2:52 PM, Devinda_Z said:

Thanks a lot

• 2 months later...

I had 3M Crystaline on my CRV 2019 windscreen done by Kleanpark in 2019, after windscreen replacement for stone chipping recently, Kleanpark offered NDFOS with better warranty 15y vs 2yrs for 3M. It is horrible to drive at night with NDFOS. All dim lights of on coming vehicles glow like headlights on. Plan to replace with 3M Crystaline.

Edited by lakmalgmd
Add details