• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

Yes, the guy had been changing a tyre ! On the fast lane! It was a freaking flat tyre which wouldn't have totally crippled the van and could have gotten over to the outter shoulder.

Saw it on facebook and the driver who rear ended the van said the van had no insurance and the driver of the van had no licence and seems to be getting away with barely a slap on the wrist.

True, one can always go through a list of what ifs after the fact but it is something that could happen to anyone of us. Shows a complete failure of driver ed, and our wonderful legal system.

I guess the driver ought to send a few buddies over to the dumbass van driver's house to say 'hi'. ;)

If you watch the video, the dash cam car also is moving rather fat considering the road conditions, and he was waaaay too close to that van.

I beleive both are at fault here.

Tailgateing on the highway is now a common site.

that guy looks like a pilot. The car seems like a bulto. something is seriously wrong here

wrong means pilots can't drive Altos? He seems a Navy personnel to me. Btw it's raining and the guy constantly on fast lane, tailgating and slow to respond even after he saw front van breaking. Not to mention the guy attending to a flat tyre or something is a real moron too.

Speaking of buses, I guess you guys have seen the 2 white Tata / Leyland buses racing on the Airport highway via FB. Couldn't find a video to share here

Outrageous I should say, Do the Police actually act on this or other traffic violation footage? or is there anyway that this data can be forwarded to them. Next thing we'll see Tuks doing U turns on the highway like that other joker in the sunny.

Rather depressing by the day to see shit like this in the country we live in.

Edited by tiv
  • Like 1

Speaking of buses, I guess you guys have seen the 2 white Tata / Leyland buses racing on the Airport highway via FB. Couldn't find a video to share here

Outrageous I should say, Do the Police actually act on this or other traffic violation footage? or is there anyway that this data can be forwarded to them. Next thing we'll see Tuks doing U turns on the highway like that other joker in the sunny.

There is a number in this article http://dailynews.lk/?q=police-legal/private-bus-commuters-can-complain-sms

dont know whether it will help or not for this kind of a situation.

I guess the driver ought to send a few buddies over to the dumbass van driver's house to say 'hi'. ;)

Why its mainly the bugger's fault. It was raining and the dude was driving like a moron. See below:

If you watch the video, the dash cam car also is moving rather fat considering the road conditions, and he was waaaay too close to that van.

I beleive both are at fault here.

Tailgateing on the highway is now a common site.

+1: Absolutely.

I mean the Hiace and countless other drivers managed to avoid the guy changing the tyre in the overtaking lane ( as stupid as that maybe) because they were driving at an appropriate speed for the road conditions. Then along comes Mr. 'Fast and the Furious' and rams into the stalled vehicle while trying to overtake before the Hiace cleared the lane / finished switching lanes.

Rather than bitch about how the driver of the stationary vehicle he hit got away with a slap on the wrist; the driver of the car should be thankful that he didn't hit anyone / hurt anyone when he rammed into the back of that van...

• Like 2

Is this the video?

https://www.facebook.com/905025139531787/videos/998236306877336/

Spot on

I would have gone wild on my horn for clogging the right lane

My gosh I can't believe this is on CNET!

http://www.cnet.com/news/the-latest-joy-selfies-with-police-officers-giving-you-a-ticket/

EDIT: Apparently it's called a "polfie" (police + selfie).

Im surprised it made to CNET :sad-smiley-058:

bdw i think the guy/guys who started this are on my friend list :speechless-smiley-004:

• MADZ locked this topic