• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

This sounds scarier than you think http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/lr-build-next-defender-india

Jaguar Land Rover is in the hands of indians for some time now. In fact, Jaguars lost their identity but became best sellers because of the appealing looks to the noveau riche, after Indians took over.

They seem to be doing better in the hands of the Indians these days. The defender production ended not becuase the Indians took over. Regardless of the cult following the Defender was becoming less and less relevant in modern times.

On other news the Honda Vezel has just hit the US shores as the new HRV LOL

http://automobiles.honda.com/hr-v/

Edited by madmax

This sounds scarier than you think http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/lr-build-next-defender-india

Jaguar Land Rover is in the hands of indians for some time now. In fact, Jaguars lost their identity but became best sellers because of the appealing looks to the noveau riche, after Indians took over.

"body-on-frame construction" Hahahahahaha seriously!?

Jaguar is actually doing better financially but I do miss the classical touch to Jaguar's styling :smilie_liebe9:

156106_2728559072420_288240724_n.jpg?oh=

Jaguar is actually doing better financially but I do miss the classical touch to Jaguar's styling :smilie_liebe9:

[img=https://scontent-hkg3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/l/t1.0-9/p180x540/156106_2728559072420_288240724_n.jpg?oh=586a1a756cd719c03b33be30881e1bfa&oe=564118AF]

Totally agree machan.

Err...isn't that how it is currently? And isn't that preferred on an 4x4 geared solely towards off-roading like the Defender?

It may look classic but there's nothing classic about the S-Type: Its based on a Ford / Lincon LS. I haven't driven the V8 or R versions, but the standard V6 is very dull to drive (IMHO).

Edited by Kavvz

One of my relatives had one of these, I also like the looks, but the car had all kinds of break downs. Transmission failure, A/C failure, break system failure and some minor electronic failures. The car was company maintained at the right intervals, but it wasn’t used much. I’ve driven it ones and I loved it. They bought it brand new for 10m+ in and sold it for 2m.

Err...isn't that how it is currently? And isn't that preferred on an 4x4 geared solely towards off-roading like the Defender?

It may look classic but there's nothing classic about the S-Type: Its based on a Ford / Lincon LS. I haven't driven the V8 or R versions, but the standard V6 is very dull to drive (IMHO).

Ooops! I got confused with unibody, my bad!

Back then Ford had a major share holding in Jaguar so most Jaguar models had plenty of Ford parts, which was one of the reasons why people didn't buy Jaguar much. I heard even certain interior parts on the S-Type were from Ford.

I think theres only R version in SL. Its dull in the sense do you mean that in doesnt have that punchy acceleration?

One of my relatives had one of these, I also like the looks, but the car had all kinds of break downs. Transmission failure, A/C failure, break system failure and some minor electronic failures. The car was company maintained at the right intervals, but it wasn’t used much. I’ve driven it ones and I loved it. They bought it brand new for 10m+ in and sold it for 2m.

Yeah I have heard it wasnt a very reliable car, its a shame that such a beautiful car has so much of trouble plus the dashboard doesnt match the car at all.

If this would come true, then it would be awesome!

Mr. Wickremesinghe said at an election rally that a Chinese investor had promised to set up a ship manufacturing yard in Hambantota. He said this investor had decided to come to Sri Lanka after a decision by Volkswagen to set up a car manufacturing plant in Kuliyapitiya. - See more at: http://www.dailymirror.lk/80989/sl-to-manufacture-ships-and-cars-ranil?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook#sthash.yJ5nejvj.dpuf

11811483_10152837604901525_6831037449892

Ooops! I got confused with unibody, my bad!

Back then Ford had a major share holding in Jaguar so most Jaguar models had plenty of Ford parts, which was one of the reasons why people didn't buy Jaguar much. I heard even certain interior parts on the S-Type were from Ford.

I think theres only R version in SL. Its dull in the sense do you mean that in doesnt have that punchy acceleration?

Yeah I have heard it wasnt a very reliable car, its a shame that such a beautiful car has so much of trouble plus the dashboard doesnt match the car at all.

Yeah it was slow off the line and even after it got going I couldn't find a sweet spot on its torque delivery. It was pretty uninspiring through out the rev range (all the cars I test drove were 3.0L V6's with autoboxes). I remember thinking it was just like the Mustang, all show, no go. I was driving a 2.5L 4 cylinder economy car at the time and it felt sportier than the S-type. After test driving 2 well maintained cars that had that same lethargic feel, I moved on, and bought myself another Nissan! .

Edited by Kavvz

Mr. Wickremesinghe said at an election rally that a Chinese investor had promised to set up a ship manufacturing yard in Hambantota. He said this investor had decided to come to Sri Lanka after a decision by Volkswagen to set up a car manufacturing plant in Kuliyapitiya. - See more at: http://www.dailymirror.lk/80989/sl-to-manufacture-ships-and-cars-ranil?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook#sthash.yJ5nejvj.dpuf

VW is setting up a manufacturing / assembly plant in SL? Wow. If that works out, it would be Pretty cool. Why in Kuliyapitiya though of all places? Would it not made sense to locate it at Hambanthota or Trincomalee?

Edited by Kavvz

Yeah it was slow off the line and even after it got going I couldn't find a sweet spot on its torque delivery. It was pretty uninspiring through out the rev range (all the cars I test drove were 3.0L V6's with autoboxes). I remember thinking it was just like the Mustang, all show, no go. I was driving a 2.5L 4 cylinder economy car at the time and it felt sportier than the S-type. After test driving 2 well maintained cars that had that same lethargic feel, I moved on, and bought myself another Nissan! .

Maybe Jaguar purposely made it like that cuz its a luxury car so they would have decided to go with a smooth acceleration. If i remember right Cefiro also has a similar lazy rev band.

VW is setting up a manufacturing / assembly plant in SL? Wow. If that works out, it would be Pretty cool. Why in Kuliyapitiya though of all places? Would it not made sense to locate it at Hambanthota or Trincomalee?

Maybe Hambanthota and Trinco and too. I just had a look at Kulliyapitiya in Google maps and its kinda inbetween Colombo, Kandy and Kurunegala

you and your taste of ugly cars :D its either very, VERY boxy or just plain hideous :D

4 people like it and you are the only one who doesnt :P

Its down to personal likes and dislikes, I remember someone listed the S- Type as one of the ugliest cars made in Car Throttle and there was a huge argument about it :D

Has anyone tried this.. Pretty cool DIY.. :)

If I recall right, Jdnet tried this and it worked.

If this happens, In the not so distant future;

2015 Kuliyapitiya modal folkswagan, liter ekata km20, nikal pati, led scuf lite, mirror lite

ikmanin vikinimata atha

Edited by tiv
  • Like 1

you and your taste of ugly cars :D its either very, VERY boxy or just plain hideous :D

And the Van fetish :sport-smiley-004:

Maybe Jaguar purposely made it like that cuz its a luxury car so they would have decided to go with a smooth acceleration. If i remember right Cefiro also has a similar lazy rev band.

Its possible for at best I'm just a T-Shirt and bata slippers bugger; but I suspect that wasn't their intention: To the best of my knowledge Jaguar tries to market itself as a marque selling refined, yet sporty saloons and coupes, and a lacklustre midsize FR saloon doesn't really fit that brand image.

If it were the X-type or an equivalent introductory model I see how that would perhaps work (at a stretch), just like how Mercedes is attempting to position the CLA and GLA as entry level luxury cars; but who knows what the Ford executives were thinking with this model, as it was I think, the first car that was built / marketed after they took over Jaguar.

Edited by Kavvz

And the Van fetish :sport-smiley-004:

Vans are epic! not all but some are! :D

Love the driving position of Hiace

11825125_10203417889047166_4815206989021

Its possible for at best I'm just a T-Shirt and bata slippers bugger; but I suspect that wasn't their intention: To the best of my knowledge Jaguar tries to market itself as a marque selling refined, yet sporty saloons and coupes, and a lacklustre midsize FR saloon doesn't really fit that brand image.

If it were the X-type or an equivalent introductory model I see how that would perhaps work (at a stretch), just like how Mercedes is attempting to position the CLA and GLA as entry level luxury cars; but who knows what the Ford executives were thinking with this model, as it was I think, the first car that was built / marketed after they took over Jaguar.

Yeah the S-Type is kinda of confused model

lol ! Yeah! Agreed. The bugger must have gone bonkers over the Hiace school vans full of girls heading towards their respective girls schools in the mornings!

Hahaha not really most of them poorly looked after or riced :P

Edited by Magnum
  • Like 1

When i saw the part "Heard the turbo spool miles away" in your post remind me the last part of each 'adventure' when they run away.. :D

Hahaha I have no idea about that

• MADZ locked this topic