• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Post Whoring - Part 2

MADZ

can't blame the villagers... the van driver deserves an award though...

btw what balloons are they talking about? airbags?

They must be referring to the buoyancy of the van.

Gotta love the fact that:

1. The village folk have (judging by the video) a pretty decent smart phone at hand

2. Even in the midst of calamity the individuals share a singular thought that they should somehow hit up the 'suddha' for some money!

:D

(I think they are referring to the airbags too: Maybe they thought that the airbags stay deployed for an extended period of time during an accident / adverse event and therefore would cause the van to float. Which is funny as, like any somewhat educated city dweller like myself knows, it was the fat 'suddha' and his wads of dollar-dollar bills and not the airbags that caused all that buoyancy! )

Gotta love the fact that:

1. The village folk have (judging by the video) a pretty decent smart phone at hand

2. Even in the midst of calamity the individuals share a singular thought that they should somehow hit up the 'suddha' for some money!

:D

I honestly don't know how to react to that. It's entrepreneurship and opportunistic at its finest, but kind a$$hole-ish.

I guess this is the "warm and friendliness" that tourists see in sri lankans. On the contrary I see it as exceptional customer satisfaction. In this instance, I bet the villagers would wade into the water, rescue the tourists in distress, give them a king-coconut and shelter them till they can get back on their way. All with the expectation of a generous 'tip' that the rich-white-man is bound to give. In the end everyone leaves happy :P

Then again the van driver was a dumb-ass going into unknown waters to begin with. The least he could do is wait till the pickup goes through and see how deep it really is.

I honestly don't know how to react to that. It's entrepreneurship and opportunistic at its finest, but kind a$$hole-ish.

I guess this is the "warm and friendliness" that tourists see in sri lankans. On the contrary I see it as exceptional customer satisfaction. In this instance, I bet the villagers would wade into the water, rescue the tourists in distress, give them a king-coconut and shelter them till they can get back on their way. All with the expectation of a generous 'tip' that the rich-white-man is bound to give. In the end everyone leaves happy :P

Then again the van driver was a dumb-ass going into unknown waters to begin with. The least he could do is wait till the pickup goes through and see how deep it really is.

"Haice" driver thought since both vehicles are of equal height, ain't no thang for it fjord through like its Toyota brethren ahead. Only that he forgot to take into account that the Hilux's exhaust is sitting much higher _and_ it has a trap of sorts to resist water ingress.

They thought the van started floating because some "balloons" inside the van were blown.

It's surprising how the tourists were busy taking selfies and didn't care that they were being driven on to deep flood waters by their hero driver.

"4wheel ne wathura yanne na" - Typical Sri Lankans :D

https://www.facebook.com/hirunews/videos/990961567668602/

I literally lolled at that comment :P

They must be referring to the buoyancy of the van.

Yep I thought they are referring to the buoyancy too

"Haice" driver thought since both vehicles are of equal height, ain't no thang for it fjord through like its Toyota brethren ahead. Only that he forgot to take into account that the Hilux's exhaust is sitting much higher _and_ it has a trap of sorts to resist water ingress.

The Hiace also has the air filter at the right side bottom of the front bumper, not sure where the air filter intake is though.

You never know. Maybe he removed his fan belt and thought it was ok? :speechless-smiley-004:

:medium-smiley-037:

Agreed, its on the fence. (Personally I'm leaning towards entrepreneurial thinking at its finest, but yeah, I see what you mean.)

There's no grey area over the group in this clip though. These buggers are a$$holes. Check out the guy in the red shirt @ 1:21 mins as he flicks money back at the driver of the van, a real piece of work he is...must feel tough acting like a douche with all his friends to back him up, in front of vulnerable people who have no option but to put up with his shenanigans.

Edited by Kavvz

මාර්ගයේ ඇති වතුර පරිමාව ගැන සැලකිලිමත්වන්න. ඔන්න SUV නම් ප්‍රශ්ණයක් නෑ එන්ජිම සීල් නේ… ??????????

Who is the writer(s) of that site ? Could not find any info. 18k people follow their fb page :speechless-smiley-004:

මාර්ගයේ ඇති වතුර පරිමාව ගැන සැලකිලිමත්වන්න. ඔන්න SUV නම් ප්‍රශ්ණයක් නෑ එන්ජිම සීල් නේ… ??????????

Who is the writer(s) of that site ? Could not find any info. 18k people follow their fb page :speechless-smiley-004:

it may be the same guy who told "4wheel nisa engine ekata wathura yanne naha" :sport-smiley-027:

it may be the same guy who told "4wheel nisa engine ekata wathura yanne naha" :sport-smiley-027:

No not. Do you think there is only one guy like that ? There are many.

• Like 1

Okay that looks cool, but isn't it just creating a whole lot of drag via those over-sized air intakes / air scoops on the sides? I don't see what purpose those side air ducts serve other than to slow the car down? Please do educate me if I've missed the plot here, 'cos I don't get it...

Edited by Kavvz

Okay that looks cool, but isn't it just creating a whole lot of drag via those over-sized air intakes / air scoops on the sides? I don't see what purpose those side air ducts serve other than to slow the car down? Please do educate me if I've missed the plot here, 'cos I don't get it...

DISCLAIMER : I am not an aero-science engineer and my old brain can barely remember the basics learnt during O/L and A/L physics classes....

I would presume the air ducts would act to:

1. direct air in to the front brakes and maybe even direct some to the engine compartment for cooling

2. the flowing air through the ducts might actually help in car's stability in some way

Perhaps it also creates a high pressure zone in the front of the duct and a low pressure zone in the back of the duct that creates some suction ? In which case it might be more effective than just trying to cut through the resistance as in a normal bumper ?

Saw this in FB. This teen idiot somehow took parent's car and started showing drifting(or is it?) to his friends. Reversed to a pole at high speed. No one got injured fortunately.

13315380_10157105499770393_5163310186606

13335669_10157105499730393_3681079234027

Saw this in FB. This teen idiot somehow took parent's car and started showing drifting(or is it?) to his friends. Reversed to a pole at high speed. No one got injured fortunately.

13315380_10157105499770393_5163310186606

13335669_10157105499730393_3681079234027

The kid's got some talent, hitting a single pole on such a large open space is not easy. Looks like he should practice reversing before learning how to drift.

• Like 1

• MADZ locked this topic