• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer Or Axio? Update: Bought A Lancer! (Aka The B.r.a.t.t. Thread)

Bracket

Question

Hello Experts,

Excited to join Autolanka forums :D Waited almost for month for an admin to approve me ... anyway, whoever the admin that approved me, :smilie_liebe12:

Last December, I sold my good old Maruti WagonR ( 2008 model, 5yrs old, driven for 30000+ Kms) For 1.6mil. I was searching for a good car to buy ever since. ( that's how I ended up on autolanka) So now that I finally got approved I thought it's time to get expert ideas on buying my new vehicle.

My budget is 3.5mil - 4.0mil. I wanted to buy a japanese car and browsing the internet, Finally I decided that there are two contenders:

1. Toyota axio 161 1.3 X Grade (2013)

2. Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1.6 GLX (2013)

Both the cars ( Brand New ) are being sold for 3.5 mil. for the permit. ( Lancer : 3,460,000 to be exact)

My priorities are:

-RELIABILITY
-Fuel Economy

-Spare Parts Availability

-Safety And comfort

-Handling

-Looks

- Resale value

Axio Dealers are mainly bragging of TOYOTA Reliability and Spare parts availability. They assured me I'm in deep trouble if I choose a mitsubishi because there are no spare parts in local market and I would have to buy spare parts only from agent paying a huge amount of money and I have to wait till eternity for mitsubishi agents to import parts from japan. And they also mentioned that unlike axio, I won't be able to sell the mitsubishi for a decent price. (if I wanted to, of course)

I called mitsu agents and they say they have spare parts for any vehicle they sell and I don't have to worry. However the sales guy said he have no idea on 3rd party parts availability.

So as you all can see i'm in a dilemma here. If you were in my position which car would you buy? And please be kind enough to mention why.. :)

This is my first post on autolanka, so please go easy on me if I have offended any rule.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Bracket

Guys,

Can you recommend me a place to fix one of these to BRATT? This may sound hilarious but being somewhat short (about 5'8'')

Shhhhh. Dont tell them 5'8" is short. I'm also that height and we are not short.

I also think you should wait a bit before fitting that pole. I had the same problem when i got my new ride. In my case now Im able to 'guesstimate' the corner position after 6 months of driving it, but sometimes there are doubts. I find it adequate for parking and driving though. So you might want to wait it out a bit and see if it resolves automatically.

• Like 1

@iRage : If original cost me more than 10k I would go for a cheaper one. I'll hvce to take it to unimo to get it fixed tho.

@Reckless: You aint serious rite?

@sathyajith: is it retractable? original reversing sensors (OEM) costs $350+ including shipping fees on ebay.

Can you guys recommend me a good brand for parking sensors and security system ? preferbly not chinese ? should I use only OEM ones?

No bro, it is not retractable.But it has been really helpful. It is true that you would get used to it. But it takes time. But until that for the sake of BRATT please fix them. At least something cheap. There are no such thing as recommended brands in reverse sensors and corner poles. You can find a lot to choose from if you visit Delkanda sometimes

Guys, I disagree with you guys on reverse sensors. In certain cars its nearly impossible to reverse without them, because of obstructions to your view and a low seating position. In my E92 I can hardly see the back and if not for them my back end will be a nice roti already :)

Mind you, no other car I've had before had them and I always reversed fine. Its just this one. And it does not take away your natural ability to reverse anyway if you had it in the first place. Just makes some cars easier to reverse park safely.

That is a superb color for a Lancer EX. Congratulations on your new ride!! :)

Btw did you check with the company if the front middle compartment(storage box) does come with a closing lid?

Thanks C.

This is the GLX version, so I think it doenst come with a closing lid... didn't ask them about it however.

Well did a FE calculation today, (full tank method) FE is 7.97 km/l...

is this acceptable guys?

Depends on the driving conditions. Anyways I'd say wait till the first service and see.

Under normal circumstances it should do more though.

Edited by trinity

is this acceptable guys?

Its a 1.6 litre automatic saloon car, that's about what you can expect. Maybe it'll do a bit more after the service but I wouldn't expect massive gains if I were you.

Corolla 141 has a 1.6 L engine and does 6km/l in city limits. Yours is way better than that. Anyway if you really consider about fuel economy you should have bought axio 161. But I know you are a lancer enthusiast and I agree with you that your BRATT is a way better ride than axio in many perspectives .

is this acceptable guys?

My boss has the same automatic version, her driver says it dows about 7-8 kmpl. but he is a guy who floors the paddle. I think it should stabilise around 10kmpl (city limits) after the engine is seasoned properly. That can take up to 10,000 km even. My manual does around 12 kmpl consistently on daily driving.

My boss has the same automatic version, her driver says it dows about 7-8 kmpl. but he is a guy who floors the paddle. I think it should stabilise around 10kmpl (city limits) after the engine is seasoned properly. That can take up to 10,000 km even. My manual does around 12 kmpl consistently on daily driving.

Yes. My manual 1.5 version also does around 11-12 kmpl city. But I thought auto will do at least around 9-10. I hoped the 1.6 version would do better considering the weight of the car.

• Like 2