• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

## Post Whoring - Part 3 ##

MADZ

6 hours ago, kmeeg said:

LooooL... I'm going to steal this for my FB.. :)

May be I will post after few days because my wife is still angry with yesterday's suspension parts;

Duude! Your 4Runner deserves a thread of it's own!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, kmeeg said:

Thank you for your kind words Davy.. 😀

Seriously! Where are those rock sliders from? Looks brilliant! I saw the rock sliders and the first thing that came into mine was: Dang! Perfect for warding off those bike riders and three-wheers that creep in between cars... Why have side steps when you can have rock sliders!! :D

2 hours ago, Kavvz said:

Seriously! Where are those rock sliders from? Looks brilliant! I saw the rock sliders and the first thing that came into mine was: Dang! Perfect for warding off those bike riders and three-wheers that creep in between cars... Why have side steps when you can have rock sliders!! :D

They are from a company called RSG (https://rsgoffroad.com/) machan.

This company is closer to my house so I saved lot of money since I was able to pick-up in person vs spending money for shipping. Owner is in a group that I'm in so got a discount as well. :)

57 minutes ago, kmeeg said:

They are from a company called RSG (https://rsgoffroad.com/) machan.

This company is closer to my house so I saved lot of money since I was able to pick-up in person vs spending money for shipping. Owner is in a group that I'm in so got a discount as well. :)

Very cool. Checked out the site: Looks good, also noticed that have super-charger kits...Let's go kmeeg more poooooOOower!👍.

Quick question on the your truck I see how the rocksliders would bolt into the main chassis rail and its pretty solid that way, but what about rust protection and chassis strength (due to holes being drilled) any potential issues there? Or is that pretty negligible? 

Edited by Kavvz

36 minutes ago, Kavvz said:

Very cool. Checked out the site: Looks good, also noticed that have super-charger kits...Let's go kmeeg more poooooOOower!👍.

Quick question on the your truck I see how the rocksliders would bolt into the main chassis rail and its pretty solid that way, but what about rust protection and chassis strength (due to holes being drilled) any potential issues there? Or is that pretty negligible? 

• These rock sliders bolt right in to the existing bolt holes on the frame. Didn't have to drill any holes.

image.thumb.png.d7b269bb48029e7aeb6ac872d539b318.png

• I did apply additional rust protection coating before fixing them for added protection

image.thumb.png.fc8fa89b4135c075eb051c0aaa1603c9.png

• They seem to be pretty strong. I have lift the 4runner from the side and it did not bend or feel weak.

image.png.8259fd4538bf98ef9e949d741a916132.png

image.thumb.png.14a6bb60ba2a7ddd4d083ce765084312.png

• Like 2

Something interesting I stumbled upon today. Mitsubishi Evo 9s (at least in the Australian market) came with a factory option to GPS track the car. It's called "Diamond Trac". 

139238108_10219322305073931_1058596987959899018_o__01.thumb.jpg.41d3e3621f0def5e442723fbe66b88bf.jpg

The SIM card slot is on the right, under the Mitsubishi Motors lettering and emblem. 

138197851_10219524139433695_7281970482775672190_n.thumb.jpg.f4346f50a01b22ad04dfacc70fa4d11f.jpg

The device is located on the A pillar on the driver's side. 

"Diamond Trac’ has been implemented to further deter thieves. Diamond Trac uses satellite positioning (GPS) and mobile phone technology (GSM) to track your vehicle. If your Evo is stolen, Diamond Trac can liaise with the Police to track your vehicle’s whereabouts and apprehend the thieves that have stolen it. The Diamond Trac unit is located to the right of the driver’s head and allows the driver to operate the unit via 3 buttons.

Diamond Trac also allows you to ‘geolock’ your Evo. It adds a virtual barrier around your car. The moment it leaves this perimeter, you are notified via SMS and have the option of either alerting the Police - and/or the Diamond Trac staff - or to obtain the current location of your vehicle. "

Source: https://www.caradvice.com.au/2523/2006-mitsubishi-lancer-evolution-ix-road-test/

Thought it was interesting considering that this was during a period 2006 - 2007. The immobiliser system used by Subaru during the same time period was not as sophisticated. It was just a PIN number near the ignition where you key in the PIN and start the car. 

I've also learnt that owners of both the Evo Subaru have opted to disconnect the system due to various issues. I guess the Diamond Trac system is obsolete now as Mitsubishi doesn't have the monthly subscription to track the car. The Subaru PIN system has just been unreliable. I have personal experience with the Subaru system and it was such a nuisance to use. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Davy said:

It's called "Diamond Trac".

I swear I have seen somehting like Diamond Trac on elevators :) 

In Japan they offered tracking as part of their Navigation system's subscription services. Can't remember what it was called...

Wasn't Diamond Trac offered on other models as well ?

On 1/18/2021 at 8:05 AM, Davy said:

Diamond Trac also allows you to ‘geolock’ your Evo. It adds a virtual barrier around your car. The moment it leaves this perimeter, you are notified via SMS and have the option of either alerting the Police - and/or the Diamond Trac staff - or to obtain the current location of your vehicle. "

My parents had something like that on their car too when I was a teenager: Our neighbors called them if they so much as heard the car being started up...Once I moved the car out so I could fix my bike inside the garage (out of the sun) and less than five minutes later, our house phone starts ringing because the Geo-lock had been set off!! 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, iRage said:

Wasn't Diamond Trac offered on other models as well ?

I'm actually not sure. I came across this on Evo IXs, but I guess it would have been offered on other cars as well.

4 hours ago, Kavvz said:

My parents had something like that on their car too when I was a teenager: Our neighbors called them if they so much as heard the car being started up...Once I moved the car out so I could fix my bike inside the garage (out of the sun) and less than five minutes later, our house phone starts ringing because the Geo-lock had been set off!! 

Was that a Mitsubishi as well?

4 hours ago, Davy said:

Was that a Mitsubishi as well?

No it was a Toyota and a number of nosey neighbors (a retired music teacher I think, her jobless daughter and the wife of some guy in civil service) that made up my parents complex alarm system :D

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Found some old 'car spotting pictures' from Malaysia back in '16 and Croatia in '18 when I went for some tournaments, no idea where to put them up so I'll just put them here, sorry the images are a bit blurry, any idea what the Merc is? I remember seeing a Brabus on a different occasion but this was neither a Brabus or a Maybach. The gold mine of McLarens was because they had a Rally through the city that day. 

IMG_20160605_170831.jpg

IMG_20160605_170835.jpg

IMG_20160605_170857.jpg

IMG_20160609_210659.jpg

ezgif-7-e08eb4ee22af.gif

ezgif-7-7a7886336a6c.gif

IMG_20160609_220200.jpg

• Like 1

Here's some from Croatia, big daddy Rolls Royce Engine, "old cars" ( I don't know what the names are sorry 😛), and a Maserati, I think it is a 4200, remember seeing an episode of Wheeler Dealers on it

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

• Like 1