• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Palwatta Lancer Accident 1 killed

Uditha88

from the actual owner's perspective -Ok I put an Evo-x spolier and some other bits and pieces of modifications (May be a loud exhaust too) Now my dream is to fly because now I own an Evo X with over 200bhp.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

from the actual owner's perspective -Ok I put an Evo-x spolier and some other bits and pieces of modifications (May be a loud exhaust too) Now my dream is to fly because now I own an Evo X with over 200bhp.

The actual owner wasn't even driving, his kid brother was the one who took the car out with his friends and turned it into scrap. Poor guy

Edited by Hyaenidae
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hyaenidae said:

The actual owner wasn't even driving, his kid brother was the one who took the car out for a spin and turned it into scrap. Poor guy

Oh I see. Then you probably know what was going through his kid brother's mind while he was driving. Yeah Poor guy..

May the soles of the car and driver rest in peace 🙏

Life of a human is very precious and it's obvious but also to see a lovely car which was in my personal opinion modified   respectfully has also perished 😥

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, hrm said:

Wasn't the front passenger who died? 

that was in the Puttalam Crash - where a riced Allion hit a truck and the girl who was in the passengers seat died. 

22 hours ago, Uditha88 said:

@Davy

May be a meme of car, outdoors and text that says 'සතුට කෙළවර වගේම... දුකේ කෙලවරත් තියෙන්නෙ.. BK1 6455 Thrịn Timu OKI- 6455 REDMI NOT 8PRO QUA (澳 F fa OVeLs දකුණු පැත්තෙ මුල්ලෙම Paddle එකේ..'

158247404_294953581964174_6729812946215555926_o.jpg

157977754_294953528630846_1775411630219405521_o.jpg

@Davy

Guy who made this meme obviously  never drove an underpowered car like a 1000 CC Belta or the 1.3 L Automatic  B13/N16 - there's no Sathuta ...only Duka when you floor it but the car still crawls. 

1 hour ago, hrm said:

Wasn't the front passenger who died? 

Yes I too heard it was the front passenger 

7 minutes ago, matroska said:

that was in the Puttalam Crash - where a riced Allion hit a truck and the girl who was in the passengers seat died. 

Here too it was the passenger I think - one of the friends of owner's brother who was driving the car... you can even hear the officer saying "eha paththe awa nam mokuth wenne nane" or something to that effect in the video above

Edited by Hyaenidae

15 minutes ago, matroska said:

Guy who made this meme obviously  never drove an underpowered car like a 1000 CC Belta or the 1.3 L Automatic  B13/N16 - there's no Sathuta ...only Duka when you floor it but the car still crawls. 

I know this is not the post to say funny things but I did enjoy the manual 660CC Viva I had with 10,000rpm. There was soo much "sathuta" on the right foot seeing that rpm meter goes mad but still at a safer speed.

(Yes I had both 660cc and 1000cc Viva manual transmission)

7 minutes ago, kmeeg said:

I know this is not the post to say funny things but I did enjoy the manual 660CC Viva I had with 10,000rpm. There was soo much "sathuta" on the right foot seeing that rpm meter goes mad but still at a safer speed.

(Yes I had both 660cc and 1000cc Viva manual transmission)

Power to weight ratio.  the problem with the B13 for instance was it's a heavy lump with a tiny engine mated with an autobox  = absolute duka specially when you want to overtake a bus 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, matroska said:

1 hour ago, Hyaenidae said:

Yes I too heard it was the front passenger

Apparently the the person who died in the Lancer crash lived near by (Malabe). Crashed Allion aka "FAKE TAXI" had a different breed of an owner.

157961231_2843206659326830_1901816886732

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, matroska said:

Not too much of a difference in a 1500cc Lancer eh.. 

Sad that a life was lost  :( ,  we`ve all done stupid stuff..  At least an innocent bystander wasn't affected which is good..  

• Thanks 1

On 3/9/2021 at 8:49 AM, matroska said:

You took the words right out of my mouth - N16

It is sad to see that a life was lost due to something very unnecessary...

I have gone a bit out of my depth when I skidded our LN107 on the gravel road when the Horana Rathnapura road was being built and also skidded in between a truck and a parked bus when it was raining. Not the highlight of my life but someone was looking out for me at that time and came out in both instances without a scratch to anyone or the cab (Dad would have murdered me if he got to know 😅

All I want to say is know your limits and don't try and be a race car driver. Go for some GoKart racing if you have the urge to drive fast at least that's relatively safe. I have spun around, skidded, drifted and even took part in one of those race events. Do that if you want to or take your car to a track and do what you want.

This is just a waste of life and a waste of a decent car

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Muditha420 said:

All I want to say is know your limits and don't try and be a race car driver. Go for some GoKart racing if you have the urge to drive fast at least that's relatively safe. I have spun around, skidded, drifted and even took part in one of those race events. Do that if you want to or take your car to a track and do what you want.

That is the thing....unlike back in the day there are plenty of opportunities to get one's speed cravings fullfilled...everything from proper go-kart tracks to drag races to bookable track times...so there really is no reason to be speeding on public roads as we did in the past. Also....the road conditions have changed so much....extreme amount of traffic and pedestrians...the road conditions change drastically...you never know what is going on. I think some of us older folks were lucky thanks to a simpler world.

• Like 2